I have been providing psychotherapy since 2008, and have experience in a number of different types of therapy, as well as working with many different types of people.
I have provided therapy for children, adolescents, parents, and families in their homes and in the school setting. I've worked with adults and children in outpatient centers both in a community mental health setting and in a private practice setting. I have also worked in a high volume university counseling center. I have worked with two-parent families, single-parent families, blended families, LGBTQ+ families, adoptive families, foster families, kinship care families, families made of friends... and I believe strongly in the power of healthy relationships as a major part of our individual emotional health and healing.
I have worked with clients and families from a wide range of cultural backgrounds, financial backgrounds, people who chose to utilize therapy services and people who were required to engage in therapy services. I have worked with therapy clients who take medication and utilize psychiatry as a helpful resource, clients who prefer to use solely psychotherapy to directly address their mental health concerns, and clients who utilize non-Western medicine traditions to support their mental health care.
My style of working with clients is to be open in discussing not just emotional and psychological factors, but also the social, gender, sexuality, cultural, racial, ethnic, financial, spiritual, community and privilege-related factors that impact your life experience. I take the role of being a learner about who you are and where you're coming from, and try to find ways I can offer help that fits your individual needs and unique identity.
Creating a supportive and collaborative environment to build healing, strengthen skills and resiliency, and to problem-solve wherever you're struggling.
CLINICAL AND EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services - Los Angeles, CA
- Pacific Clinics, Children's Intensive Community Services - Covina, CA
- Institute for Girls' Development - Pasadena, CA
- Foothill Family Service - El Monte, CA
- Master of Science, Psychology (Emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy), California State Polytechnic University, Pomona - 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of La Verne - 2005
- Certifications: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, Interpersonal Therapy
- Extensive training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy